New poems from Carla Sarett


 It's been a busy fall...

First, the publication of my novella about female artists, THE LOOKING GLASS, which is now available as a Kindle Edition for those prefer digital, as well as a paperback from Propertius Press.  This novella was a labor of love, so I hope it will find its audience.  (Note:  book prices are lower on the publisher site.)  

New poems also appears in three different journals:  

One is a "cento" which is a sort of mash-up poem comprised of lines from different poets.  The "rule" is that all lines must come from different poets (i.e., not me.).  In this one, "All Understood Too Late," I've played with mixing classical sources (from Euripides to Catullus) with beat and contemporary poets.  It surprised me how well they do mix.  The sources are listed at the end.

You can read it in the imaginative journal UnLost.   It's a journal of so-called found poetry.  

Also, my poem, "Tiny Grandmothers" appears in the Fall 2021 "Crone Power" Issue of Gyroscope.  It also references classical sources (in this case, Dante's Paradiso) but in a very different way-- as I imagine Paradise populated by tiny grandmothers.  

You can read it at Gyroscope.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...