Discovering great new books: extreme legibility

So many books, so little time.  What to read next, I ask myself.  It used to be easy.  I'd hop over to my local bookstore, browse a bit, and return with a stack of books.  Now, the stores are gone -- and the online alternatives are a horrid jumble of pictures, blurbs, and "rankings."  No thank you.

For non-fiction, mainstream sources, as well as Tablet Magazine (for Jewish topics) work well, but for fiction?  Not so much.  I don't know who's going to review a novel.  I like to know who's recommending a book to me.  Taste matters.

So, I was delighted to find one of my favorite writers -- Peter Cameron (if you haven't read his novels, do so) -- has a blog Extreme Legibility  about his book loves - some new, some old, and all interesting.  What a find.

Throughout May, I'll be posting more resources.  Meanwhile, hop over to Extreme Legibility, and find some terrific books to add to your Wish List.

'via Blog this'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...